Thursday, April 29, 2010

Jigga What?!

That ugly white thing next to the Porcelain God that I stepped on this morning told me that I lost 3.4lbs?! Trust me, I stepped back on that thing about 3 or 4 times to make sure that it wasn't wrong. Maybe it isn't so ugly and mean after all. We'll see next week if I curse it's name or not. Either way...HOLY CRAP! I'm flipping excited!

So last night I went running, finished my Week One of C25K. Can I say, it really is possible to both freeze and sweat your ass off? I ran in 40 friggin' degree rainy drizzly weather. I didn't want to miss one more day of running.....so I made myself go. I'm glad I did. I feel as though I'm starting to run better now. Week 2 starts tomorrow! Just a wee bit more running than week one and a week bit less walking. I should be getting my new shoes soon so hopefully it will be easier to run. The sneakers I have are pretty old. I used them for my second triathlon almost 4-5 years ago.

Today I also go to see a podiatrist. THIS I'm really nervous about. I've had bunions all my life, and now at 28 years old, they're really starting to hurt A LOT. I'm not nervous about the possibility of surgery, being out of work for a while, etc. I'm nervous about not running for a while. I JUST got into working out again. I enjoy this a ton and I'm really motivated right now. Then again, it also took me 3 months of having Week one downloaded into my mp3 player before I actually got out. Like the title of my blog, I want to go from my flabby self to a fabby self. Sitting on my a$$ on painkillers while could be nice, will probably just keep me flabby for a while longer. I don't want that. So fingers crossed for me today where either (a) I won't be unable to do a damn thing for a while, or (b) surgery will be after the summer where I can work out, look smoking and already be in shape come surgery time. That way it's just a wee bit less hard to get back in shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment