Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Starting over...and boy is it different this time.

What the hell happened to me three years ago that allowed me to get this way? Oh yeah, I met my husband. It's not his fault, it's all mine. I really let myself go once we started to get really serious. When I met Mr. J (that's what we'll call my husband), I was a pretty hot chick with red hair, 5'8", 142lbs. Went to kickboxing every day and I was probably about 2-3 weeks away from the 6 pack I've always wanted. Not to brag, but I thought I was pretty hot back then! Then I met Mr. J. Dinners out, not as much time at the kickboxing studio, dinners in, ordered out all the time. We got serious really fast! We started dating in January, April, we went and looked at rings, June we moved in together, July we were engaged. Now, the day that I got engaged will be a day that I'll remember forever. It was such a high, and such a low all in the same day.

Mr. J arranged for me to go to his doctors office, ask some questions (as he has some health issues and he wanted me to ask any questions I had). That morning, nothing fit me....not a damn thing. I ended up squeezing myself into my size 8 cargo pants (previously wore a size 4), and put on a gray polo shirt. Ok...I squeezed myself into that as well. First words out of Mr. J's mouth "You're going to wear THAT?" He even went into his closet and pulled out his gray polo shirt because it was the same thing. He's 6'4", formerly 300 (give or take a few pounds)....how the hell is his shirt the same thing as my shirt?! Really?! So I start crying. Not a farking thing fits me! We went about our day, time to leave for the doctors....got there....asked my questions....he proposed, I didn't say yes, I just said "are you freaking kidding me?!" All my friends know, this is a typical reaction to anything exciting, happy, angry, etc. LOL But that was my way of saying yes. Went to put the ring on.....it was really snug. Rewind a few lines ago, we tried on rings in April, he bought my ring in July....there were a few pounds gained which made the ring a wee bit snug. Especially when it was super humid out as well!

Over the next months the weight kept creeping up and up and up. Wedding came and went and I didn't look anywhere near what I wanted to. Now here it is, 3 year, 3 months after I met my wonderful husband, I am now at 188lbs (my highest, 196....close to that dreaded 200lbs mark!). What the hell happened? I still don't even know how the hell this happened. I mean I know we indulged in pizza, booze, Taco Bell, booze, Chinese, booze....but how? Oh wait....we indulged in pizza, booze, Taco Bell, booze, Chinese, booze....well, you catch my drift.

Now today, April 27th, I'm really realizing that this time of me working out, losing weight, it feels a lot different before. I'm doing something that I really enjoy now even though it hurts like hell. I've started the Couch to 5k program (see spoken as C25k). Mr. J and I are doing a low carb diet (which actually helps us with both of our health issues - he needs to watch protein, sodium, potassium, and a whole other slew of things....Me, I'm Celiac, no bread, no wheat, no rye, barley, malt, etc). I started all of this this past Friday, tracked every thing that I've eaten (and drank as well) as well as my workouts. Today is my Day 3 of week one for C25k, just hoping the rain holds off because I'm not yet ready to start running in the rain.

I really need to keep up with this too. My family has a history of obesity, heart attacks, high blood pressure and high cholesterol...on top of all the various cancers that have run rampant through my framily. I want to be around for my husband. I want to be able to have children. When we do have children, I want to be able to be active with them. I also don't want to see me in a hospital when they are 15 because of a heart attack like I saw my father. I'm doing this for myself and everyone else that matters or who will matter when the come into my life.

So here it is everyone....Accountability: Taken on 4/22/2010
Weight: 188
Height: 5'8"
Waist: 36"
Hips: 42.75"
Thigh: 26"
Arm: 13"

Weigh ins will be weekly and measurements will be taken every two weeks. Wish me luck on my run tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment