Monday, May 10, 2010

Another week down....

Another week of C25k started! I started week 3 yesterday. It's a 5 minute warm up walk, 90 second run, 90sec walk, 3min (yes that's minutes) run, 3 minute walk....repeat! And I ran every minute I was suppose to, and not a second short! I'm really feeling like I'm starting to get my stride going, which is the purpose of the first few weeks, finding your stride, then working on distance. Having the right stride is so important. It'll make you run longer....both in time and distance, and it will also help reduce the chance of injury. I'm still a little sore especially when I start a new week of C25k.

This weekend was a pretty good weekend. I roasted a turkey. Probably not done in the most healthiest ways. I rubbed the turkey with a mix of butter, lemon zest, rosemary, and fresh garlic. I ground black pepper on the top after I finished rubbing it. Then, about evey hour, I basted the turkey with chicken broth, lemon juce and wine. I also stuffed the turkey with a gluten free stuffing that my mom had picked up a while back. (OMG I'm drooling thinking about this meal!). From the basting, drippings, etc, OMG the gravy was heavenly!!!!! I also made mashed potatoes with garlic, pepper, and low fat sour cream. I also roasted carrots, broccoli, and asparagus as well with LEVOO (that's Light extra virgin olive oil), sea salt (just a little), garlic powder and black pepper. I didn't add any salt to anything except the roasted veggies (and that was just a smidgen). The gravy was pretty salty from using the premade chicken broth. So now, we have a ton of turkey left over. Might make Turkey Tetrazinni one night, not sure about the others!

Tonight I have my Pampered Chef meeting. I might stop at Wendy's for dinner. I know, I know, before you tell me, "Jami...that's not very healthy OR low carb!!!" I have a plan! I'm going to get myself a side salad, no dressing and a small chili. Honestly, that fills me up plenty! Plus I'll have room to have some soda or coffee at our monthly meeting.

Oh and good news of the weekend....I've started tracking all my foods and exercise this weekend!!!! I need to be consistant with that, like I am with blogging (have to say, this is the longest I've kept up at blogging!!!).

Hope everyone has a great week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment