Monday, May 3, 2010

And I was doing so well....

At blogging that is. Life blew up but I'm back now. As of today, I've finished week 2 of C25k. I might do one more run with Week 2 because yesterday, I wasn't feeling it at all. Sore, tired, even with pushing myself. I felt very lost yesterday. I also need to do my weigh in for the week as well, and my 2 week measurements. Hopefully there is a little improvement in my weight and inches.

One thing I was thinking about the other day, why now? Why am I actually sticking with this now? Why not keep up what I was doing 3 1/2 years ago? I mean it's so much easier to keep the status quo than it is to change it. I looked good, felt great, had a ton of energy....then it all went away? But yet, I was so scared this past year to actually do anything about the way I looked or the way I felt. Did I want to be miserable? Hell no, I've been there done that before. Do I really want to be overweight? No!!! Close shopping is more fun when you're in shape and have an awesome figure. The more weight you gain, the less fun it is. Especially when most of the tops out there now are very flowy and make someone who has extra baggage look like a tank! I mean I wanted to look like I did when I met Mr J when I had my boudoir pictures done. Now, I forever have myself immortalized, practically nekkid, myself.....about 40lbs heavier than I want myself to be.

So.....now, I'm keeping up my hard work. I want to be proud of myself. It's been entirely way too long since I've felt that way about myself. It's usually pity, disgusted, embarrassed, etc. I'm working towards proud.....

1 comment: